Home > Time running out for BIG Picture entries
A reminder that closing date for entries for the ‘BIG Picture’ Competition is just over a month away with all submissions having to be in before 31st January, 2012.
To help young people get ‘switched on’ to the benefits of energy saving, Power NI launched the ‘BIG Picture’ Competition and have been calling on young people to express their creative side with some great prizes on offer.
Power NI are looking for entrants to paint, draw, colour-in or even photograph their interpretation of energy saving in their area. This could be anything from wind turbines to solar panels; the Power NI judging panel are looking for the most original ideas!
The competition is divided into two age sections for primary and secondary school pupils, and is open to all individuals within the local area. The winners from the Primary School section can win a new Nintendo 3DS while the Secondary School section will be competing for a new iPod.
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all children of primary and secondary school age.
2. The picture/photograph must show the entrants interpretation of how to save energy in the home or community.
3. Entrants may only submit one picture/photograph each.
4. Pictures may be drawn in pencil, felt tip, crayon or painted.
5. Photographs entered must be taken in the UK.
6. Each entry should be submitted of a sheet of plain A3 or A4 paper, either portrait or landscape.
7. Images may be digitally enhance to remove spots or scratches but not manipulated. Entrants may enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc but not manipulate the content. Power NI reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
8. Entrants must attach their name, address, contact phone number, date of birth, school and class to their picture. Power NI will only ever use these personal details for the purposes of administering this scheme.
9. Entries should be sent to: Kirsty Pollock, Power NI, Woodchester House, 50 Newforge Lane, Belfast, BT9 5NW.
10. The competition closes on 31st January, 2012. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
11. The competition is open to Northern Ireland residents only.
12. Power NI cannot accept any responsibility for any problem with the postal service which may result in an entry being lost or delayed.
13. A panel of judges will select the winning entries. When making their final decision the judges will take into account creativity, artistic merit as well as the pictures relevance to the theme. The judge’s decision is final.
14. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on an entry will be provided.
15. The competition winners will be notified by telephone within a month of the closing date.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the prize winner. No cash equivalent is available as an alternative to the prizes offered.
17. The winners name and picture may be used by Power NI in promotional material.
18. Power NI reserves the right to amend rules prior to the closing date, after posting notice on the website.
19. For further questions please contact email@example.com.