Variable speed drive grant
Variable Speed Drives for your business
Variable Speed Drives (VSD) is one of the most cost effective energy saving technologies you can install across a range of commercial applications.
What is a variable speed drive (VSD)?
A Variable Speed Drive (VSD) is like a ‘dimmer switch’ that automatically reduces the speed of a motor when it is not busy. You may have noticed this effect on escalators which slow down when no one is on them and speed up when in use. A VSD can dramatically reduce the amount of electricity used by motors used for intermittent jobs e.g. pumps, ventilation fans, air compressors, refrigeration etc.
What is Power NI offering?
Power NI with support from the Northern Ireland Sustainable Energy Programme (NISEP),are offering grants for commercial customers towards installing a variable speed drive(s) for:
- Air compressors
- Water circulation
- Refrigeration equipment
Grant allocation is based upon the actual energy savings achievable of a minimum of 20% up to a maximum of 35% or £10,000 (whichever is lesser)
How to apply:
- You must get a quotation from an equipment supplier of your choice. We do have a list of installers* who have been successful with the grant application. Please click here
- Complete the Grant Application Form including the State Aid Declaration, attached quotation and send to Power NI. The Grant Application Form is available here and Grant Terms and Conditions are available here.
- Power NI will review and issue a Letter of Offer confirming the grant amount. You will have 3 months to complete the work.
- Order equipment and carry out the installation.
- Once the installation is complete and the supplier has been paid, you can claim your grant from Power NI with proof of payment, and copy of paid supplier invoice ad pre/post monitoring report. Grant payment will not be made until monitoring information has been provided.
* Please note these installers are not endorsed by Power NI they are installers who had been successful with the grant application