Help & Support
Submitting a meter reading
A separate company, Northern Ireland Electricity provides the services for meter reading.
If you miss the meter reader you can submit your meter reading online, provided that it's only been a day or two since they called. Or if you have an Energy Online account, log in to submit a meter reading.
How to read your meter
- Standard meter
This is the most common type of meter.
- Read all the numbers left to right.
- Ignore any numbers marked 1/10 or 1/100 or in red.
- Keypad meter
Press '9' on the meter or Keypad unit.
- Clock meter
- Read the dials from left to right
- Ignore any numbers marked 1/10 or 1/100 or in red
- If the pointer is between two numbers give the lower number
- Economy 7 meter