Help & Support

Landlords & Tenants

Help for Landlords & Tenants

The life of a landlord is never dull. Even the least demanding of tenants can leave you with a to-do list. You’re juggling new challenges and property issues, some demanding and some quite tedious. Clearly, you have enough on your plate. That’s why we want to be able to give you some peace of mind when it comes to your electricity and any issues you may face. We’re on hand to help you with every scenario and situation you may face. Whether you have questions about what to do in various situations or you need to get your hands on a particular form, we can get you sorted quickly and easily. For tenants, it can be exciting to move in somewhere new. But it comes with its own challenges. You don’t want to end up paying for electricity used before you moved in, and you don’t want to fall out with new housemates over bills. All you want is fairness. We know this and that’s why we have products and services with you in mind. Our Keypad service makes sure you don’t have to worry about others paying their share and you could even get a discount on your bills. And if you have any electricity-related questions, we are here to help.

There are a number of tenants sharing Electricity

If you are a landlord and there are several tenants who wish to split the electricity costs, then a Joint Tenancy Form from Power NI can help establish responsibility for paying the electricity bill.

Read more

I’m a tenant in a property with a Keypad. Do I need to register?

When you move into a new property you will need to register with us, regardless of the type of meter installed there...

Read more

I have a new tenant moving in to my property – what do I need to know?

Firstly, if the account is currently in your name please call us on 03457 455 455 to let us know you are no longer responsible for the electricity account...

Read more

My tenants are moving out - what do I need to do?

If your tenants are moving out, they must close their account with us directly and you should also take a meter reading on the day they move. If you have a new tenant moving in they will then need to get in touch with us to open an account in their name...

Read more

What is the difference between Power NI & NIE Networks

Northern Ireland Electricity (NIE) are responsible for the infrastructure of the electric network, the grid, the power lines and the connection into your home. NIE Networks will conduct meter readings. Power NI are your electricity provider, we provide your electricity supply at a discounted rate an...

Read more

Fault with Meter

If your property is without power call NIE on 03457643643 to report a fault, however if you still have power but your meter isn’t working properly please give Power NI a call on 03457455455.

Read more

Tenant has left the property, I want to use some of the electricity, what should I do?

If your tenant has left or vacated the property and you wish to use some electricity, please call us on 03457 455 455 and have the following information to hand:

Read more

There is a normal billing meter in the house and the electricity is on after my last tenant left it. Can I keep using electricity without calling anyone?

You can continue to use the electricity however please call us first with the following to hand: •MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) - this is an 11 digit number that is on all paper bills. •Meter Number - this is on the front of your meter. •Any recent meter reading

Read more