Help & Support

Landlords & Tenants

Tenant has left the property, I want to use some of the electricity, what should I do?

If your tenant has left or vacated the property and you wish to use some electricity, please call us on 03457 455 455 and have the following information to hand:

Registering for supply

To make things easier please try to have when you contact us:

  1. MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) - this is an 11 digit number that is on all paper bills.
  2. Meter Number - this is on the front of your meter.
  3. Any recent meter reading

You can get up to 4% discount if you pay by Direct Debit so please also have your bank details handy when you call.

You may also be asked for Company Registration details if you do not already have other supplies registered with us.

Even if the previous occupant of the property was with another supplier, you can still register with Power NI and we will organise the switch on your behalf, hassle-free.

Small supplies (below 70kVA) will be billed on a standard quarterly tariff, for example Popular, Nightsaver or Weekender, depending on the type of meter installed

For larger supplies (above 70kVA) a monthly tariff will apply with significantly higher standing and availability charges (around £2.50/month per kVA). You may therefore wish to discuss downgrading the supply to below 70kVA with Northern Ireland Electricity (a charge may apply) .

You can register in two ways: •Call our Customer Helpline at 03457 455 455 (lines open Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm). •You can also register smaller quarterly-billed sites online here.

Manage your accounts online

You can now view the bills, meter readings, consumption details etc. of all your properties online 24/7 using our Energy Online service:

  1. Single login gives you access to multiple accounts
  2. View/download all recent bills
  3. Track consumption data for up to 24 months
  4. Submit meter readings

We can create a special Landlords Account on our ‘Energy Online’ service for you quickly and easily. Please contact us.

03457 455 455

Phone lines open Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm. Calls are recorded for quality assurance purposes.