Help & Support

Storm Ophelia

Who should I contact if I experience a power outage?

If you have lost electricity supply you need to contact NIE Networks who are responsible for dealing with power cuts on 03457 643 643 or you can report a power outage here.

Please note:

  • If you are reporting a power outage have your house number and postcode ready. NIE can identify most houses with these details. If they have any difficulty they may also ask for your MPRN number which can be found on your bill or meter read card.
  • In the event of widespread electricity loss, when you call the Helpline, you might speak to an operator or you might be connected to NIE’s automated service. This service allows you to leave details of the premises affected by the power loss. You will also receive a message with the latest information.