Help & Support
Switching to Power NI
I've switched - what happens next?
Firstly, thanks for choosing Power NI!
Here's what happens next
1. We'll contact your old supplier and start the switching process. We'll provide them with your meter reading to calculate your final bill.
2. You should receive your Power NI welcome pack within three weeks as confirmation that your switch is complete.
3. You'll receive your final bill from your old supplier and should pay this as normal
4. You should receive your first Power NI bill within approximately 13 weeks.
Pay by Keypad?
Once we have collected all your details, we'll agree a suitable time and date for NIE Networks to ring you and complete the switch. When they ring you'll need to type in a code so please ensure you have access to your Keypad and a minimum of £2 credit.
Pay by Direct Debit?
If you're paying by Direct Debit you'll receive a letter confirming that your bank has been contacted and your new Direct Debit has been set up.
Important things to know
- Timings may vary, but everything should happen within 4-8 weeks.
- Don’t worry if you don’t hear from us; this means your switch is going as planned. We’ll only call you if something is going wrong.
- Your supply won’t be disrupted, even if the switching process takes longer than expected.
Read more about how Power NI contributes positively to the local community and how you can get involved.