Winter Warmers - Have Yourself A Sticky Toffee Christmas!
We've put together a firecracker of a festive treat for your Christmas desserts. And it really is “Just Desserts” for folk who fancy a slightly lighter take on the obligatory Christmas Pud.
Sticky Toffee Pudding, like you’ve never had it before. Have all the traditional taste combined with all the convenience of modern-day demands with our simple solution to a festive family favourite. And it won’t just save you time and effort - it’ll also save you money!
Perk up your pudding:
All the ingredients you need to make your Sticky Toffee Pud can be purchased with Power NI Perks. Once signed up, customers can get discount at Sainsbury’s, Tesco, ASDA, M&S and Iceland, along with 100s more big brands like Debenhams, Currys, Argos and more.
Our online reward scheme gives you access to exclusive e-vouchers, cash back and top-up shopping cards, all of which will save you money. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. So why not sign up today?
7% off Christmas Puddings at M&S (e-voucher)
4% off flour and sugar at Sainsbury's (shopping card)
4% off treacle at Tesco (e-voucher)
The power of the Christmas Pudding
It’s the highlight of the meal, the course you’ve always got room for (even if you did leave a few sprouts on your plate), and it’s the feeling of satisfaction, right before you all veg out on the sofa for the obligatory Christmas Movie. It’s what Christmas with the family is all about.
Ready to get cooking?
Whether you use this recipe as a lighter approach to a Christmas Day Dessert or you’re using up leftover pudding, you won’t want to waste a drop.
Watch our step-by-step video or follow the easy instructions below:
Here’s how to:
- Serves: 6 people
- Ready in: 1hr 35 mins
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 1hr 15 mins
- 225g shop-bought Christmas pudding, crumbled
- 275ml boiling water
- 80g unsalted butter
- 165g soft brown sugar
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp treacle
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C (170C for fan ovens).
2. Put Christmas pudding in a bowl and steep in 275mls of boiling water. Leave to the side.
3. In a stand mixer or handheld mixer, beat the butter, soft brown sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly start adding the eggs, one at a time, followed by a tablespoon of flour, mixing carefully. In between each egg, add a spoonful of flour to stop the batter curdling.
5. Sieve in the remaining flour and bicarbonate of soda and fold in.
6. In a separate bowl, blend the Christmas pudding in the water with the treacle using a stick mixer, until smooth.
7. Add this to the batter and mix until well combined.
8. Pour the batter into a lightly greased ovenproof dish, which has been sprinkled with a little flour. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 190C (170C for fan ovens) for 1 hour 15 minutes.
(Well, it’s more of a ‘must’ really)
Smother your pud in some sweet, sticky and ultra yummy butterscotch sauce. Well, it is Christmas after all…
- 125g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of treacle or golden syrup
- 70mls double cream
1. Combine the butter in a small pot on low heat until lightly dissolved.
2. Now add treacle and cream.
3. Bring to a simmer - keep whisking until thick.
4. Pour over, and indulge
5. Have the vanilla ice cream ready to go for even more yummmm-iness!
Little tips can make a big difference to any cook, novice or pro. Our experts share a kitchen hack or two that will help you cook simpler and smarter.
Dip spoon in oil, treacle comes off the spoon a lot easier.
* Power NI Perks offers and brands are subject to change. The scheme is available to all Power NI home customers that register online.
Have Yourself A Sticky Toffee Christmas!
Watch our step-by-step video