Lights, camera, action! 15 Belfast businesses are recognised at the Belfast Business Awards
Celebrating, rewarding and recognising excellence was the order of the evening at Wednesday night’s Belfast Business Awards, with Principal Sponsor, Bank of Ireland UK.
Photo: Power NI sponsored the Best Green Business Award at this year's ceremony. Pictured are (L-R) Alan Egner (Power NI), Amy Bennington (Power NI), Helen Egner and Ken McCracken (Power NI).
Held in Belfast’s most iconic building, City Hall, over 15 businessmen and women took to the stage to collect their highly coveted award from the evening’s hosts Sarah Travers and Marc Mallet. A further nine businesses received Highly Commended.
Dubbed the ‘Oscars’ of the business award world, the Belfast Business Awards were back in true style after a three-year hiatus, with world-class entertainment and over 400 guests in attendance from the world of politics, business and showbiz.
Speaking about the awards, Paul McMahon, President of Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce said: "This evening’s awards are a testimony to the outstanding calibre of businesses and their staff that we have in our capital city – highlighting the scale of excellence.
"I am both proud and honoured to be able to recognize and reward the very best of what Belfast has to offer. Tonight we have seen representation from well known big-scale businesses from Boots who won Customer Service Excellence to the smaller independents such as James Street South who won best eatery – no matter what scale the business, even to be shortlisted is a fantastic testimony to their success.
"Special recognition has also gone to Jim Fitzpatrick, the Chairman of the Irish News Group who was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award for the invaluable work he has done not only in his own organisation, but for the contribution he has made to Belfast and the Chamber of Trade and Commerce.
Paul concluded: "The Chamber also gave out an award in memory Neil Gordon, of Gordon’s Chemists, who sadly passed away last year. Neil was an esteemed Chamber member and contributed greatly to the life of this city."
Sean Sheehan, Regional Director NI Consumer and Small Business, Bank of Ireland UK, commented: "Bank of Ireland UK is delighted to be the principal sponsor of The Belfast Business Awards 2015 and to be part of the celebrations this evening."
"The business community of Belfast has proven itself once more to be on a par with the best in the world, just to see and hear the level of entries is outstanding and inspirational.
The winners of the Belfast Business Awards were:
- Best New Business – Crumlin Road Gaol
- Customer Service Excellence – Boots
- Best Eatery/Coffee Shop – Bar & Grill at James Street South
- Best Marketing Initiative – Abacus Recruitment
- Business Person of the Year – Sandra Corkin of Oasis Travel Sandra
- Best Hotel – The Merchant Hotel
- Customer Service Excellence, Independent Retailer – Scooter Specialist NI
- Best Digital Marketing – The MAC
- Customer Service Excellence, Professional Business Service – Dunmurray Dental Practice
- Best Licensed Premises – The Albany
- Young Business Person (U30)- Katie Stevenson and Sarah Graham – La Bella Vita
- Best Green Business – Ikea
- Best Company to Work for Award – Allstate Northern Ireland
- Business Growth Award – World Travel Centre Ltd
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Jim Fitzpatrick