It’s National Customer Service Week and this year’s theme couldn’t be more appropriate for us! The Power of Service celebrates putting you, the customer, right at the heart of everything.
At Power NI, we proudly celebrate and appreciate each and every one of our customers, not just this week but every week. It’s a mantra that’s engrained in our ethos and built into our business model; it’s just who we are.
Through the good times, and the bad
Even in the toughest of times, and while families continue to battle through the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve found ways to keep you connected to the people and the things you love. Making sure the lights stay on, the Zoom calls carry on (buffering and mute issues aside) and the kettle is always at the ready.
We offer easy ways to pay for your electricity, topping up with our 24 hours a day, 7 days a week auto phone line or via a free easy to use mobile app, or by fully managing your account with Energy Online, helping you budget and plan what you use.
Customer service, second to none
We believe that the one thing that really sets us apart from our competitors is our excellent customer service. We care, we’re empathetic and we’re highly skilled at looking after all our customers, so you’re in very safe hands with us.
We never sit still: always going the extra mile and thinking of ways to make life a little easier for you. It’s perhaps why we’ve been Northern Ireland’s leading energy supplier for 90 years and why we’ve been voted number one for customer service - a number of times*.
With better service, everyone wins
We picked up some shiny new awards recently, swooping not one, but two awards at the 2020 CCNNI Awards, for our commitment to providing an excellent service for our Contact Centre callers.
We also came out on top at the 2020 Digital DNA Awards, winning ‘Digital Innovation of the Year’ for our ‘Energy Online’ project– helping our customers manage their account online for maximum convenience. And we’re particularly proud of the recognition in looking after our vulnerable customers by winning Best Vulnerable Customer Support Team at the U&T Awards 2020.
An electricity supplier for all
Here are just some of the reasons for being awarded such accolades - always pushing the power of service for the betterment of all of our customers.
- Our Customer Care Register is designed to look after those in later life or those who may be vulnerable. Take our Doorstep Service, which alerts the Northern Ireland Electricity Networks meter reader to speak louder or allow more time for you to answer the door. We can also issue your bill in an alternative format such as Braille, large print and even talking bills! Options are also available for those with hearing impairments
- JAM Card Friendly – We have over 100 staff trained to talk to our more vulnerable customers - whether hard of hearing or those with a communication barrier – giving them ‘just a minute’ longer. We also have a Carers Contact Service so someone you trust can look after your bills for you.
- We are committed to becoming Dementia Friendly and already have 9 Champions trained and ready to go. We plan to roll out this valuable training to all staff before the end of the year.
- We were recently approved for BS18477, which is a British Standard for Inclusive Service Provision. Sound fancy? It simply means that we care about our customers, and think about them in everything that we do.
- We offer a benefit entitlement check service where our staff can refer our customers for additional support. We currently support over 300 customers with this service each year.
- Our online accessibility toolbar makes it much easier for our customers to navigate our website – it translates the text into over 100 languages, can read aloud, can mask the screen and enlarge the font size.
- We have excellent relationships with lots of local charities and our staff can confidently signpost our customers for further advice and expert support.
We’re not just an energy supplier. We’re a supplier for all. Bringing you great value electricity, savings on your shopping and everyday items with Power NI Perks, easy ways to pay with Keypad and Energy Online and a friendly, local service – always ready to serve you.
We’re Power NI and we believe in the Power of Service. Thank you to all of our valued and loyal customers for choosing us.
*Lowest number of complaints per 10,000 customers. The annual Consumer Council Enquiries and Complaints Report for 2019/20 shows that Power NI received 0.019 complaints per 10,000 customers making the energy supplier top for customer service for nine consecutive years. The full report is available to read here.